What Kind of Water Conditioning Do I Need?
You know there’s something wrong with your water, but you’re not sure what. The good news is that we can identify the contaminants in your water with our free water quality test. This helps us determine what kind of water conditioning systems you need to cure water quality issues and make sure you and your family have the cleanest, healthiest water for your home.
If you know you need some kind of water treatment, but you’re not sure what, schedule a free water test with our team. In the meantime, here are some of the signs you might need water softening, water filtration, or both in your home:
Signs You Need Water Softening
Water softening systems remove hard minerals like calcium and magnesium that can wreak havoc on your plumbing, appliances, and other aspects of your life. Some signs you might need water softening for your home include:
- Visible white scale on your sinks and appliances
- Limescale stains in your home that may be white, yellow, tan, or orange
- You go through a lot of soap, detergent, and cleaning supplies
- You have water pressure issues because of mineral buildup in your pipes
- Your shower heads and sinks are clogged with white buildup
- Appliances like water heaters, dishwashers, and washing machines need frequent repair or replacement
- Your laundry doesn’t come clean after a wash cycle
- Your dishes don’t come clean after a wash cycle
- Your laundry looks gray and faded
- Your dishes have water spots on them after they dry
- Your skin feels dry and itchy
- Your hair feels dry and damaged
If you notice these issues, then there’s a good chance that you have hard water in your home. Hard water is usually defined as having 61 mg/L or more of dissolved calcium carbonate in your water, which our free water tests can identify so we can recommend a water softening system.
Water softening systems are ideal for issues caused by hard water. They remove hard minerals and exchange them for sodium or potassium ions. The result is:
- Better tasting water
- Longer-lasting appliances
- Longer-lasting plumbing
- Softer skin and hair
- Easier cleaning for your home, dishes, and laundry
- Less money spent on soaps and detergents
Contact us today to get a water quality evaluation and learn how our water softening systems can help your family.
Signs You Need Water Filtration
Water filtration systems remove contaminants that affect the taste of your water and can even be potentially harmful for you and your family, like heavy metals, chlorine, and pesticides.
Some signs you need water filtration for your home include:
- Your water tastes bad
- Your water smells bad
- Cloudy water
- Discolored water
- Your plumbing was installed before 1986 (the year when lead was banned from water supply pipes)
- You use a private well for your water supply
- Unexplained, chronic gastrointestinal symptoms in your household
Our free water tests can detect many common contaminants found in water from both private wells and public water systems.
With a custom water filtration system in your home, you can be sure that the water you use is clean. Our filtration systems can remove many contaminants from your water that make it taste bad and may cause health problems for your family. We install and service whole house water filtration systems as well as point of use reverse osmosis water purification systems to provide you with the crispest, cleanest water in your home.